Entangling

 

I hated being so quick to lose my cool 

I regret not being able to breathe and let be

Its a tragedy love isn't really enough 

And I regret giving so much freely 

A shame things had to end this way

But I can't regret doing the right thing 


And walking away, I'll be okay. 

Building walls just to keep you away

I can't care if you're fine or not 

That compassion always snares the trap


Entangling me back with you 

Entangling a crazy rendezvous 

Entangling my heart be damned

Entangling where I was bound


I can't allow my self to reminisce now

I know I'll end up even worse off than I am now 

This parasisic relationship isn't fair 

You always come out of it better still

It's no wonder you fight so hard 

Only at the end to keep it going 


The emotional warfare takes pause

Now your crazy has another cause 

If I break away theres nothing

Stable enough for you to cling to


Entangling so we rely 

Entangling codependency lies 

Entangling all I have now

Entangling all your desires


I can't be who I am

If I stay with you you'll deplete me of what makes me 

And to leave you I have to let go of the last bits

Of empathy I have still to claim my name

If I stay I fade away

And that's why I keep finding I'm 


Entangling me back with you 

Entangling a crazy rendezvous 

Entangling my heart be damned

Entangling where I was bound

Entangling so we rely 

Entangling codependency lies 

Entangling all I have now

Entangling all your desires

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conceeding

Time to Come Undone

Wrong For Once